Casserole Carrier and Lasagna Lugger | Double Decker | Fits 11”x14” or 9”x13” Baking Dish
Casserole Carrier and Lasagna Lugger | Double Decker | Fits 11”x14” or 9”x13” Baking DishShylero
While I love the idea of being able to take hot casseroles to family meal events, I actually got this tote for takeout meals. We live out in the boonies, and we love to get takeout food on Friday nights. It takes a minimum of twenty-five minutes to get food from the restaurant to our home, though, so it's virtually impossible to enjoy our food while it's still hot. We have tried a number of different 'hot bags', and they sort of work, but are limited. The shape of this tote allows takeout dishes to remain flat, and the expandable compartment allows dishes to be stacked on top of each other. I especially love that there are two different compartments for hot food so that certain things can be stored separately to minimize soggy food.
- EXPANDABLE OVERSIZED FOOD CARRIER has a huge bottom and expandable top compartment.
- SIZED AT 13"x17"x11" (expanded) 5.5"x17"x11" (contracted) each compartment holds an 11”x14” baking dish with handles (5 QT Pyrex standard glass bakeware fits). Dish is not included
- TWO HUGE OUTER ZIPPERED POCKETS and one side pocket. Insulated casserole carrier makes it easy to hold napkins, cutlery, BBQ tongs, other utensils. Lasagna holder has premium 2-way Japanese zippers
- LEAKPROOF, WATER RESISTANT & EASY TO CLEAN interior and exterior lining makes. Simply spot clean interior or exterior of this insulated pie carrier with a wet cloth, cool water or mild soap then let it air dry
- OVER THE SHOULDER OR IN ONE HAND carry option. Our padded expandable handles allow you to move this portable food warmer your way. Perfect for carrying the bag to picnic, tailgating, camping, hiking, day trip, beach, office, or holiday party
- RETAINS TEMPERATURE LONGER – insulated expandable double casserole carrier and lasagna holder
- INCLUDES POT HOLDER and сonstructed of premium polyester materials and double insulated inside to keep food hot or cold longer
We used this tote to bring home some Chinese food last night, and it worked perfectly! It is so well insulated; our food was steaming hot when we got home. It was amazing to be able to enjoy it so hot and as it was meant to be experienced. And this bag isn't only about function--it looks great, too.
The only problem with this bag has to do with the number of zipper pulls. I left some fortune cookies in the bag last night, and this morning I tried to take them out before putting it away. I opened one zipper after another and couldn't find the compartment that had the fortune cookies in it! It felt pretty ridiculous, but I just wasn't smart enough to figure it out. Between the double compartment zippers and the expansion zippers, not to mention the napkin and utensil pockets, there are eight zipper pulls on this tote--EIGHT!!--so it would be really helpful if the pulls were somehow differentiated. For example, maybe the pulls for the expansion zippers could be a different color from the zipper pulls for the actual compartments.
Aside from the zipper annoyance, this is a fantastic way to get hot food from one place to another--still hot! I am really impressed with its capacity and insulation, and it's super easy to clean and store, too. The straps are strong and can be velcroed together, which is also handy. There is even a long pot holder inside that could be used to protect and separate two stacked glass dishes. This casserole tote would make a wonderful gift, too. I enthusiastically recommend it!
I hope my experience with this product might help YOU make a more informed purchase. Happy shopping!